- En personne
- Visites guidées
- Adapté aux enfants
- Visites auto-guidées
The limestone hall was originally the Wilton Wesleyan Methodist Church. It was built in the 1840s in what was then a thriving farming and mill community.
As Wilton's population dwindled, the school and post office closed, churches followed suit and Wilton Hall, which was a United Church by this time, was threatened with the same fate.
The Wilton Women's Institute bought the building for $1 in 1969 for use as a community centre and an average year would see many community events, dinners, concerts and parties.
By 1997, the years had taken their toll and major repairs were badly needed.
The Wilton community rallied and launched a major restoration campaign in 1997.
The continuous costly restoration expenses, however, were very difficult for the Women's Institute to continue with the responsibility of the building and by 2012 it was at risk of being closed for good.
The Township was approached with options to purchase the building for the token fee of $1. The building changed hands and a partnership formed with the new Wilton Community Association who took on the day to day management.
The Wilton Community Association continues to care for the space with a mandate to "foster community spirit" and encourage public use.
Informations de contact251 Simmons Road
ArchitectureAnnée de construction: 1873
Type de bâtiment:Lieu de culte
Architecte: William and Hugh Saul