- Guided tours available
- Partial wheelchair access
In 1902, American Cereal (later Quaker Oats) began producing cereal, flour and farm feed at its new Peterborough plant. In 1916, a fire and explosion destroyed the mill. Join local historian Gord Young, who published a book about this devastating event, for a 30-minute walking tour of the bridge and site and learn how Quaker Oats rebuilt its facility.
Contact info14 Hunter Street East (meet at Quaker Oats Parkette at Driscoll Terrace and Hunter Street East)
ArchitectureYear built: Various
Building type:CommercialFood and drinkHistorical landmark
Dates/hours openMay 07, 11:00am - May 07, 04:00pm
Saturday: Hourly tours from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.