The Pentland Cemetery – Amherst Island’s first non-denominational cemetery – was in service from 1831 until 2001. It occupies 0.5 hectares (1.29 acres) of land that runs between Front Road and Lake Ontario. The headstones record the predominantly Irish pioneer families that had settled on the Island. The first person buried in the cemetery was in 1831.
Contact info1652 Front Road
Stella, Amherst Island, Ontario
ArchitectureYear built: 1831
Dates/hours openJun 18, 10:00am - Jun 18, 04:00pm
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.