- Full wheelchair access
- Guided tours available
Amherst Island's Neilson Store Museum and Cultural Centre opened its doors as a museum in 2004. The volunteer-run museum is dedicated to collecting, interpreting and exhibiting the past, reflecting the life and times of Amherst Island with exhibits depicting early schools, industrial tools, family life, natural history and transportation. Items also include the Amherst Island ship's wheel, bell and logs.
Contact info5220 Front Road
Stella, Amherst Island, Ontario
ArchitectureYear built: 1883
Architect: James S. Neilson
Dates/hours openJun 18, 10:00am - Jun 18, 04:00pm
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.