- Full wheelchair access
This building was constructed as a firehall in Sandwich in 1921. After a 2019 renovation, which transformed it from derelict to multi-award winning, it is now described as "the community's living room." A suspended walkway joins the main library to a reused and rare surviving 19th-century firehall stable. It’s a spectacular and innovative example of adaptive reuse and heritage restoration.
Contact info363 Mill Street
ArchitectureYear built: 1921; renovated in 2019
Architect: Gilbert J.P. Jacques (1921); Jason Grossi (2019)
Dates/hours openSep 24, 09:00am - Sep 25, 04:00pm
Saturday and Sunday: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.