Albert H. Weeks Water Treatment Plant - West Buildingin-person Doors Open Windsor
- Guided tours available
The first water treatment plant here was built in 1926 by the Border Cities Utility Commission, now the Windsor Utilities Commission (WUC). In 1994, a modern plant was built next door. With capacity and process improvements in the newer facility, the original west building is no longer needed. WUC offers a final chance to tour it before it is demolished.
Contact info3763 Wyandotte Street East
ArchitectureYear built: Original built in 1926; upgrades in 1953 and 1994
Building type:Government building
Architect: Original consulting engineering firms: Gore, Nasmith, Storrie (Toronto) and J. Clark Keith
Dates/hours openSep 24, 10:00am - Sep 25, 04:00pm
Saturday and Sunday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.