Arthur McNeil Housein-person Doors Open Vaughan


  • In-person
  • 2024 theme: Adaptive reuse
  • Food vendors
  • Parking
  • Partial wheelchair access
  • Self-guided tours available
  • Washrooms
  • Photography allowed
Arthur McNeil House

This house was built by Irish settler Arthur McNeil in 1819. McNeil was active in agricultural matters, being the first to introduce the Galloway breed of cattle into the district. Five generations of the McNeil family have lived here. During Doors Open, enjoy a self-guided tour of this property. Today, it is home to Balzac's Coffee Roasters.

Contact info

10499 Islington Avenue
Kleinburg, Ontario


Year built: c. 1832 (relocated here in 1987)
Building type:CommercialHistorical house
Architectural style:Georgian

Dates/hours open

Sep 28, 10:00am - Sep 28, 04:00pm

Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.