- Guided tours available
- Partial wheelchair access
- Photography allowed
The Chapel of St. James-the-Less is a mid-19th-century Victorian Gothic revival funeral chapel that is picturesquely set atop a small, landscaped knoll just inside the main gates of Toronto’s St. James’ Cemetery. Designed by Cumberland and Storm, it was designated a National Historic Site in 1990. It is enhanced by its elevated position, surrounded by the peaceful cemetery.
Contact info635 Parliament Street
ArchitectureYear built: 1861
Building type:CemeteryPlace of worship
Architect: Cumberland and Storm (the chapel); John G. Howard (the cemetery)
Architectural style:Gothic revivalVictorian
Dates/hours openMay 27, 10:00am - May 28, 05:00pm
Saturday and Sunday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.