- Partial wheelchair access
- Self-guided tours available
- Site has blue and gold provincial plaque
Celebrating 200 years, Campbell House – built for William Campbell, the sixth Chief Justice of Upper Canada – is the oldest surviving building from the Town of York. Fifty years ago, it was rescued from demolition and moved to its current location, where it opened as a museum. During Doors Open, artist Gord Peteran’s exhibit Exposed Interiors explores the museum’s decorative furnishings.
Contact info160 Queen Street West
ArchitectureYear built: 1822
Building type:Historical landmarkHistorical houseMuseum
Dates/hours openMay 28, 10:00am - May 29, 05:00pm
Saturday and Sunday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; last admittance at 4:30 p.m.