Prince Arthur Waterfront Hotel and Suitesin-person Doors Open Thunder Bay
- Guided tours available
- Partial wheelchair access
Opened in 1911 by the Canadian Northern Railway, this six-storey stately brick and stone structure with its fine finishings and modern facilities was considered the finest hotel between Toronto and Winnipeg. The Royal Canadian Legion’s poppy campaign was ratified here at a meeting in 1921. This historical event is commemorated by a plaque found in the two-storey rotunda.
Contact info17 Cumberland Street North
Thunder Bay, Ontario
ArchitectureYear built: 1911
Architect: J.D. Matheson, Warren and Wetmore Architects
Architectural style:Chicago School
Dates/hours openSep 08, 10:00am - Sep 08, 04:00pm
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.