- Full wheelchair access
- Self-guided tours available
Constructed to house the Grain Commission of Canada headquarters and sample market for trading, this building was first known as the Fort William Grain Exchange. Chapples Limited opened its magnificent department store in the building’s basement and ground levels. A retail tenant in 1913, Chapples Limited purchased the entire building in 1946. Many original building finishes are still visible today.
Contact info101 Syndicate Avenue North (access main entrance from Justice Avenue)
Thunder Bay, Ontario
ArchitectureYear built: 1913
Architect: Carl Wirth
Architectural style:Chicago School
Dates/hours openSep 10, 10:00am - Sep 10, 04:00pm
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.