St. Marys Public Libraryin-person Doors Open St. Marys
- Partial wheelchair access
- Self-guided tours available
In 1904, the Carnegie Foundation awarded the town a grant of $10,000 to build a public library. Local architect J.A. Humphris used St. Marys limestone, which complemented the neighbouring town hall. The new library provided accommodation for a municipally owned collection of books that had been previously housed in the town hall. The children’s wing was completed in 1988.
Contact info15 Church Street North
St. Marys, Ontario
ArchitectureYear built: 1904; children’s wing, 1988
Architect: J.A. Humphris (St. Marys)
Dates/hours openSep 23, 10:00am - Sep 23, 04:00pm
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.