- Guided tours available
- Partial wheelchair access
- Self-guided tours available
In 1857, a plain church of local limestone was erected here. It still forms the heart of St. James, making this the town’s oldest place of worship in continuous use. In the mid-1880s, the church was renovated. The roof was raised and entrance porches were added. Additionally, the southwest corner was given a Gothic tower and the sanctuary was extended.
Contact info65 Church Street South
St. Marys, Ontario
ArchitectureYear built: 1857; mid-1880s
Building type:Place of worship
Dates/hours openSep 23, 10:00am - Sep 23, 04:00pm
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.