St. Catharines CourthouseDigital Doors Open St. Catharines
- Digital Doors Open
The old county courthouse was built at the corner of James and King streets in 1849. Three years later, town council approved putting a clock into the tower. The clock remains a working engineering marvel and is one of the many landmarks from St. Catharines’ past. As part of Digital Doors Open, watch the video below to learn more about the history of the clock. Today, the courthouse is used by the City of St. Catharines as municipal offices.
Contact info101 King Street
St. Catharines, Ontario
ArchitectureYear built: 1852
Building type:CourthouseGovernment buildingHistorical landmark
Architect: Kivas Tully