- Guided tours available
- Partial wheelchair access
- Site has blue and gold provincial plaque
- Site is protected by the Ontario Heritage Trust
- Photography allowed
Hutchison House was built in 1837 by the citizens of Peterborough to convince John Hutchison, the town's only doctor, to stay. Another notable resident of Hutchison House was Dr. Hutchison's cousin, Sir Sandford Fleming. Fleming was an inventor and engineer who lived in the house from 1845 to 1847. During Doors Open, enjoy guided tours and hearth cooking demonstrations.
Contact info270 Brock Street
ArchitectureYear built: 1837
Building type:Historical houseMuseum
Dates/hours openSep 16, 10:00am - Sep 16, 04:00pm
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.