- Full wheelchair access
- Self-guided tours available
- Photography allowed
This landmark brick armoury was built between 1912 and 1914. It is home to the Ontario Regiment Royal Canadian Armoured Corps, established in 1866. When the First World War broke out, the armoury was used as a training and recruitment centre. The only Canadian army presence in Durham Region, this armoury remains a functioning military establishment. (No photography allowed in the officers' mess.)
Contact info53 Simcoe Street North
ArchitectureYear built: 1914
Dates/hours openMay 06, 10:00am - May 06, 04:00pm
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.