- Guided tours available
- Site is protected by the Ontario Heritage Trust
Loyalist William Fairfield Sr. settled here with his family in 1784. Occupied by six generations until it was donated to the people of Ontario in 1959, the house survives as an outstanding record of 18th-century building techniques, offering valuable links with the contribution of the Loyalists in the development of Canada. Check out nearby Fairfield-Gutzeit House, built by Fairfield’s son.
Contact info4574 Bath Road
ArchitectureYear built: 1793
Building type:Historical house
Architect: William Fairfield Sr.
Dates/hours openJun 18, 10:00am - Jun 18, 04:00pm
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.