- French services available
- Self-guided tours available
- Site is protected by the Ontario Heritage Trust
St. Andrew's has been an integral part of the history of Kingston and Canada since the completion of the city's first stone church on a limestone ridge overlooking the harbour in 1822. It was at St. Andrew's that Queen's University was begun (with a charter that states it must be situated within five kilometres (three miles) of St. Andrew's). Two Fathers of Confederation were members of this congregation. The current sanctuary includes amazing stained-glass windows, the initials of First World War flying ace Billy Bishop and other Royal Military College officer cadets carved into the pews, a 3,000-pipe organ and nine tower bells. The large adjoining manse was completed in 1841 and is listed by Heritage Canada as "one of the finest homes in the city." Book your tour here!
Contact info130 Clergy Street East
ArchitectureYear built: 1890
Building type:Historical landmarkPlace of worship
Architect: Joseph Powers and Son
Architectural style:Romanesque revival
Dates/hours openSep 25, 10:00am - Sep 25, 04:00pm
Saturday only: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.