- Partial wheelchair access
This magnificent church, designed to resemble a medieval abbey, was built with stone hauled from local quarries. The sandy soil required the walls to extend several metres below ground; there is as much stone underground as above! Note the ornately carved altar from Munich, which arrived on the last boat from Germany before the outbreak of the First World War.
Contact info153 Hungerford Road
ArchitectureYear built: 1887
Building type:Place of worship
Dates/hours openOct 08, 10:00am - Oct 08, 04:00pm
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; please respect the 4 p.m. closing time as Mass begins at 5 p.m. sharp