- Full wheelchair access
- Guided tours available
The newly formed Hamilton Gas Light Company built a gasworks here in 1850. Over time, the light company relocated and the gasworks fell into disuse and disrepair. Today, thanks to the John and Ellie Voortman Charitable Foundation, The Gasworks is a vital community arts and education centre. Other tenants include RE-create, Chorus Hamilton, Sisters in Sync and Willowbridge Community Services.
Contact info141 Park Street North
ArchitectureYear built: Original section (c. 1850s); new addtion (2020)
Architect: TCA Architects (new addition)
Dates/hours openMay 06, 10:00am - May 07, 04:00pm
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Sunday: Noon to 4 p.m.; tours Saturday at 10 a.m., Noon and 2 p.m.; tours Sunday at Noon and 2 p.m.; watch the Hamilton Music Collective rehearse the Jambassadors Saturday at 10 a.m.