- Self-guided tours available
St. Augustine's, established in 1827, is the oldest parish in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Hamilton. Following the destruction by fire of the original church in 1863, construction of this neo-Gothic church began in February with the building sufficiently finished for dedication in December that year. The most significant extant addition to the building was the Angelus bell in 1876.
Contact info58 Sydenham Street
ArchitectureYear built: 1863-64
Building type:Place of worship
Architectural style:Gothic revival
Dates/hours openMay 07, 10:00am - May 07, 04:00pm
Saturday only: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.