- Self-guided tours available
In 1853, the son of a Scottish baronet purchased this property and created one of the largest estates in Ancaster – with a stone mansion, outbuildings and this gatehouse, known as The Lodge, which housed his gardener and family. Only ruins remain of the manor house, destroyed by fire in 1934. The gatehouse has been retained and developed as a museum.
Contact info621 Sulphur Springs Road (at the corner of Mineral Springs Road)
ArchitectureYear built: c. 1855
Architectural style:Ontario cottage
Dates/hours openMay 02, 10:00am - May 03, 04:00pm
Saturday and Sunday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.