Gibson School Loftsin-person Doors Open Hamilton
- Self-guided tours available
The former Gibson School – named in 1914 for Ontario’s 10th Lieutenant Governor, Sir John Morison Gibson – evolved from a one-room schoolhouse in 1854 on this site, S.S. No. 7, Barton Township. Tour the former school and see how it is being transformed into the Gibson School Lofts with residential loft rentals, retail and live/work units (opening in late 2019).
Contact info601 Barton Street East
ArchitectureYear built: 1910 (8 rooms); 1914 (12-room addition)
Building type:Historical landmarkSchoolhouse
Architect: Stewart and Witton (Walter Wilson Stewart)
Dates/hours openMay 04, 10:00am - May 05, 04:00pm
Saturday and Sunday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.