While this site has participated in Doors Open Ontario in the past, it is not part of the current season’s program. Please check the Home page for this year’s events and participating sites.

Church of the Nativityin-person Doors Open Hamilton


  • In-person
  • Full wheelchair access
  • Guided tours available
  • Parking
  • Self-guided tours available
  • Washrooms
Church of the Nativity

The Church of the Nativity – founded in 1878 as St. Mary’s, Bartonville – was established in 2006 with the amalgamation of the parishes of St. Mary’s and Grace Church, Hamilton (founded 1919). View the intricately carved chapel reredos – originally in the 1881 stone church – stained-glass windows, archival photographs and worship artifacts from both former parishes.

Contact info

1831 King Street East (at Barons Avenue)
Hamilton, Ontario



Year built: 1880-81; 1953 (chancel renovation and nave addition); 1967 (Chapel of the Holy Family, parish hall, meeting rooms and offices)
Building type:Place of worship
Architect: Charles Willer Mulligan; Husband, Robertson & Wallace (1953); Charles Lenz (1967)

Dates/hours open

May 05, 10:00am - May 06, 04:00pm

Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Sunday: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Sunday service at 10 a.m. (all are welcome)