- National Historic Site (Canada)
- Partial wheelchair access
- Site has blue and gold provincial plaque
This lighthouse was built to replace the original 1836 structure that was destroyed by massive waves in 1886. In 1960, the Canadian Department of Transportation replaced the lighthouse with a modern steel structure, abandoning the original lighthouse. Members of the Oakville Yacht Squadron and concerned local residents salvaged the old lighthouse and moved it to its present location.
ArchitectureYear built: 1889
Building type:Historical landmark
Architect: Henry George (Port Elgin)
Dates/hours openSep 29, 10:00am - Sep 29, 04:00pm
Saturday only: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.