- Partial wheelchair access
- Self-guided tours available
From 1950-2000, the Biggar Lagoons were sewage treatment lagoons for neighbourhoods in Grimsby’s west end. After decommissioning the lagoons in 2001, the Town of Grimsby and the Hamilton Naturalists’ Club worked to lobby against intentions of draining and levelling the land. Today, each of the six bodies of water provides different habitats for the breeding and migrating of rare shorebirds.
Contact info624 Winston Road
Dates/hours openSep 21, 10:00am - Sep 21, 04:00pm
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.