Keeler Campbell HouseDigital Doors Open Cramahe Township

New

  • Digital Doors Open
  • Videos
Keeler Campbell House

Joseph Keeler’s (1763-1839) ancestors date back to 1560 in Scotland. In 1795, Keeler left the American colonies and landed on Lake Ontario shores, with 40 United Empire Loyalist families in tow, at Cat Hollow, now Lakeport. He built a sawmill and grist mill and established the economic foundations of the area. Keeler built significant homes, including this one, and ran the local tavern. The Keeler dynasty was carried on by Joseph II and Joseph III and via judicial land grants. These pioneers were the first developers of Lakeport, Colborne, Castleton and Norwood. As part of Digital Doors Open, learn more about this site in the video below.

Contact info

150 County Road 31
Lakeport, Ontario
E-mail: info@heritagecramahe.ca
https://heritagecramahe.ca/project/150-county-road-31

Architecture

Year built: c. 1810-20
Building type:Private residence
Architectural style:Cape Cod

Dates/hours open

Mar 02, 11:51am - Mar 02, 11:51am