- Guided tours available
- National Historic Site (Canada)
- Partial wheelchair access
Sir John Johnson (a prominent colonial military leader and administrator) founded Williamstown in 1784 after the American Revolution. He built this house – one of the oldest west of Quebec – as well as a gristmill and sawmill. Johnson helped settle disbanded Loyalist soldiers and their families. Today, it is a local museum and home to the Glengarry Archives.
Contact info19692 William Street
ArchitectureYear built: Begun in 1784
Building type:Historical landmark
Dates/hours openAug 15, 10:00am - Aug 16, 04:00pm
Saturday and Sunday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.