- Guided tours available
- Partial wheelchair access
- Self-guided tours available
- Site has blue and gold provincial plaque
- Site is protected by the Ontario Heritage Trust
- Photography allowed
The Martintown Grist Mill is a three-storey structure where one can see the water-powered turbine that used to turn the grinding wheel. The outer walls were made from stone supplied from a nearby quarry. Built in 1846 and closed in 1950, the mill began to collapse until a group of determined villagers saved it by raising funds for its restoration.
Contact info18544 County Road 18
ArchitectureYear built: 1846
Architect: Alexander McMartin
Dates/hours openAug 20, 09:00am - Aug 20, 03:00pm
Sunday only: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.