- Guided tours available
- Partial wheelchair access
The Carman House Museum – a Georgian-era limestone cottage – was built c. 1815. The family was part of the Loyalist migration after the American Revolutionary War, receiving a land grant for their service to the Crown. It is also one of only two original buildings in Iroquois that were not moved for the 1950s construction of the St. Lawrence Seaway.
Contact info5895 County Road 1
ArchitectureYear built: 1815
Building type:MuseumPrivate residence
Architect: Michael Carman III
Dates/hours openAug 20, 10:00am - Aug 20, 05:00pm
Saturday only: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.