Moore Housein-person Doors Open Carleton Place

  • In-person
  • 2024 theme: Adaptive reuse
  • Full wheelchair access
  • Kid-friendly
  • Parking
  • Washrooms
  • Photography allowed
Moore House

This log building originally sat at the north end of Moore Street. Built by James Pearson Moore in c. 1873, a grocery store and confectionary shop operated here by the Moore family until 1973 when the building was donated to the town. It was moved to this location in 2007. It now is home to the town’s Tourism Information offices.

Contact info

170 Bridge Street
Carleton Place, Ontario


Year built: c. 1873
Building type:CommercialHistorical landmarkHistorical houseMuseum
Architectural style:Log structure

Dates/hours open

Sep 14, 10:00am - Sep 14, 04:00pm

Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.