- Full wheelchair access
- Guided tours available
- Site has blue and gold provincial plaque
- Site is protected by the Ontario Heritage Trust
Built between 1895 and 1897, this building was designed by George King to replace the original town hall. Constructed of limestone, it features slate-roofed towers and turrets, stained-glass windows and a dramatic foyer. The bell tower houses the original bell. The tower’s clock was installed in 1990, on the 100th anniversary of the incorporation of Carleton Place.
Contact info175 Bridge Street
Carleton Place, Ontario
ArchitectureYear built: 1895-97
Building type:Historical landmark
Architect: George King
Dates/hours openSep 21, 10:00am - Sep 21, 04:00pm
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.