- Full wheelchair access
- Guided tours available
Constructed in 1890 of local limestone, this building contained the roundhouse and engine repair shops for the Canadian Pacific Railway (CPR) until 1939. In 1940, the building was purchased by the Canadian Co-operative Wool Growers. Wool arrives here from across the country and is graded before being shipped out in compact bales. See CPR memorabilia on display throughout the building.
Contact info142 Franktown Road
Carleton Place, Ontario
ArchitectureYear built: 1890
Dates/hours openSep 21, 10:00am - Sep 21, 04:00pm
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (guided tours of the grading facility will be offered at 11:30 a.m. and 2 p.m.)