- Full wheelchair access
- Guided tours available
- Site has blue and gold provincial plaque
Constructed in 1872-73 by architect John D. Evans (the builder was John Forin) as Belleville’s market building and town hall, this attractive structure — with its tall clock tower — has dominated the downtown landscape for 150 years. Architect Bill White’s imaginative renovations (1987-88) preserved many original interior architectural features, while adding 929 square metres (10,000 square feet) of new space.
Contact info169 Front Street
ArchitectureYear built: 1872-73
Building type:Government buildingHistorical landmark
Architect: John D. Evans (original building); Bill White (renovation)
Dates/hours openSep 09, 10:00am - Sep 09, 04:00pm
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.