- Digital Doors Open
The Ontario County Courthouse was built between 1852 and 1854. By 1964, however, the building had become too small to accommodate the county’s needs and a new courthouse was built on Rossland Road. In 1967, with assistance from the Canada Centennial Project, the original courthouse was reopened as a community centre known as the Whitby Centennial Building. Learn more about this building’s history and its role in Whitby’s past through the video below.
Contact info416 Centre Street South
ArchitectureYear built: 1852-54
Building type:AttractionCourthouseHistorical landmarkTheatre
Architect: Frederic Cumberland and William Storm, Toronto
Architectural style:Classical revival