Hollinger HouseDigital Doors Open Timmins-Porcupine

  • Digital Doors Open
  • Videos
  • Collections and resources
  • Kid-friendly
Hollinger House

From 1919, the Hollinger Mine embarked on a building project to house its growing workforce. More than 300 green and red tar-paper houses were built in rows on the Hollinger townsite. This particular house was originally located on the Underground Mine Tour Site and then moved to its current location at the Timmins Museum. Read local historian Diane Armstrong’s account of how this house was saved from demolition. During Digital Doors Open, join the museum staff for breakfast inside the Hollinger House to find out more!

From 1919, the Hollinger Mine embarked on a building project to house its growing workforce. More than 300 green and red tar-paper houses were built in rows on the Hollinger townsite. This particular house was originally located on the Underground Mine Tour Site and then moved to its current location at the Timmins Museum. Read local historian Diane Armstrong’s account of how this house was saved from demolition. During Digital Doors Open, join the museum staff for breakfast inside the Hollinger House to find out more!

Contact info

325 Second Avenue (Timmins Museum: National Exhibition Centre)
Timmins, Ontario

http://www.timminsmuseum.ca

Architecture

Year built: 1919, 1936, 1967
Building type:AttractionHistorical landmarkMuseum
Architect: Hill-Clark-Francis

Dates/hours open

Dec 02, 06:16pm - Dec 02, 06:16pm