The Trust’s role
What role does the Ontario Heritage Trust play in Doors Open Ontario?
The Ontario Heritage Trust secures program funding from government grants as well as private donors and sponsors to coordinate this provincewide program. The Trust provides participating Doors Open Ontario communities with the following:
- overall program coordination and administration
- provincewide promotion, media relations and branding, including production and distribution of the Doors Open Ontario promotional materials and development and maintenance of the Doors Open Ontario website
- community resource materials for in-person events, including tip sheets on topics such as recruiting and managing volunteers, securing sponsorship and funding, developing a promotion and publicity plan, and managing health, safety and security issues; as well as templates for property interpretation materials, media releases, visitor surveys and property organizer’s evaluation forms
- colourful bilingual Doors Open Ontario property identification signs for each site participating in an in-person event
- French translation of community event information for the Doors Open Ontario website and other provincial marketing materials