- Digital Doors Open
- Virtual tours
Located in the heart of Perth, this late-Georgian stone residence was built in 1823 for Reverend Michael Harris, the first Episcopalian minister in the district. By 1833, it was the home of Thomas Mabon Radenhurst, a prominent lawyer in the community. Ella Inderwick purchased the property from the Radenhurst family in the 1890s and named it "Inge-Va" – a Tamil word meaning "come here." Her son Cyril, a founder of the Architectural Conservancy of Ontario in 1933, inherited the property. Inge-Va was donated to the Ontario Heritage Trust by Cyril's wife Winnifred in 1974. As part of Digital Doors Open, take a virtual tour of Inge-Va to learn more about the history and archaeological discoveries.
Contact info66 Craig Street
ArchitectureYear built: 1823-24
Building type:Historical landmark