- Digital Doors Open Icon Ontario
John Henry Reycraft owned this property from 1854-99. The house was built during this period, probably in the 1860s. In 1899, John Alexander Anderson bought the house. At the time, Anderson was the proprietor of the adjacent general store. Vintage photos show the house, the store and the absence of the Methodist church, which was built in 1910. The photo shows a woman in Chinese garb, an intriguing image in the era. It also appears that there is another building to the north of the store where Morganston Road is now. As part of Digital Doors Open, learn more about this site in the video below.
- Digital Doors Open
Contact info1651 Morganston Road
ArchitectureYear built: c. 1860
Building type: Commercial Private residence