St. Mark's Anglican ChurchDigital Doors Open Niagara-on-the-Lake

  • Digital Doors Open
  • Videos
St. Mark's Anglican Church

St. Mark's is the oldest Anglican church in continuous use in Ontario. Completed in 1804, it was damaged in the War of 1912. The original balconies necessitated the unusual high pulpits. The 1840 East Window is the oldest stained glass in the province and, with the other windows, form the finest collection of stained glass in Ontario.

This collection of buildings sits on two pristine hectares (seven acres). The 18th-century church has been in continuous use longer than any other church in Ontario. A cemetery, still in use, records a burial from 1782. The 1886 Addison Hall houses parish functions and the impressive home of the rector is an unusual 1858 Tuscan rectory. For Digital Doors Open, learn more about the church by watching the video below.

Contact info

41 Byron Street
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario


Year built: 1792
Building type:CemeteryHistorical landmarkPlace of worshipPrivate residence

Dates/hours open

Oct 22, 10:00am - Oct 22, 12:00pm

Saturday: 10 a.m. to Noon only