Croatian Hall, TheDigital Doors Open Timmins-Porcupine
- Digital Doors Open
- Collections and resources
The Maple Leaf Theatre (built in 1924) was purchased and renovated in 1932 to serve as a gathering place for the Croatian community. Timmins-Porcupine witnessed an influx of European immigration early on, due to the ready employment offered on the mines. By 1930, many of the McIntyre Mine’s Croatian employees had come to call Schumacher home. For almost 90 years, The Croatian Hall has played an important role in preserving Croatian culture in the form of food, language, music and dance. Watch the video below or go to their website to find out more about the Croatian Society of Schumacher and the efforts that they have undertaken to preserve their hall for future generations.
Contact info24 Father Costello Drive