- Full wheelchair access
- Self-guided tours available
This library was founded in 1855 as a Mechanics’ Institute. The present neoclassical structure – completed in 1914 with a Carnegie Foundation grant – features exterior monumental brick pilasters with carved limestone trim and bases, and a barrel-vaulted ceiling with decorative plasterwork. An addition dates from 1972. The building was designated under the Ontario Heritage Act in 2009.
Contact info824 1st Avenue West
Owen Sound, Ontario
ArchitectureYear built: 1914
Building type:AttractionHistorical landmarkLibrary
Architect: Forster & Clark
Dates/hours openJun 01, 10:00am - Jun 01, 04:00pm
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.