In the 1900s, industries like Ford and Dominion Forge were expanding, attracting workers from central Europe. As these diverse immigrant communities developed, they built their own churches – most of them Orthodox. The first was St. John the Divine. On November 27, 1949, the cornerstone of the current building was blessed. The church is characterized by its distinctive gold, onion-shaped domes.
- Full wheelchair access
Contact info1094 Drouillard Road
ArchitectureYear built: 1949
Architect: John R. Boyde
Building type: Place of worship
Dates/hours openSaturday September 22, 2018
Saturday only: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.