Mackenzie Hall, the former Essex County Courthouse, was built in 1855 by Mackenzie Builders. It is the fourth courthouse built on this site, and contains part of the original 1850s jail. Canada's second prime minister, Alexander Mackenzie, was head of this building firm. This stately stone landmark is now used as a cultural centre for the City of Windsor.
- Full wheelchair access
Contact info3277 Sandwich Street
ArchitectureYear built: 1855
Architect: Albert H. Jordan
Building type: Historical landmark
Dates/hours openSunday September 23, 2018
Sunday only: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.