Trafalgar Castle was originally built for Ontario County’s notorious sheriff Nelson Gilbert Reynolds by Toronto architect Joseph Sheard. Reynolds went bankrupt in 1874 and sold the building to the Methodist Church of Canada, which turned it into the Ontario Ladies’ College. Today, it operates as a private girls’ school. The principal’s residence was converted from a carriage house in 1877.
- Partial wheelchair access
- Guided tours available
- Self-guided tours available
Contact info401 Reynolds Street
ArchitectureYear built: 1859-62
Building type: Attraction, Educational facility, Historical landmark, Private residence
Dates/hours openSaturday May 4, 2019
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.