This house was constructed in 1876 for Barnabus Gibson, a railway contractor. Known as Ringwood, the house is architecturally significant and was designated under the Ontario Heritage Act in 1982. After several years of neglect, a flood and a fire in the early 2000s, Ringwood was restored in 2011 by Dr. Nihad Ali-Ridha. It is now used as commercial space.
- Partial wheelchair access
- Self-guided tours available
Contact info1601 Hopkins Street
ArchitectureYear built: 1876
Dates/hours openSaturday May 5, 2018
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.