The Ontario County Courthouse was built between 1852 and 1854. By 1964, however, the building had become too small to accommodate the county’s needs and a new courthouse was built on Rossland Road. In 1967, with assistance from the Canada Centennial Project, the original courthouse was reopened as a community centre known as the Whitby Centennial Building.
- Full wheelchair access
- Self-guided tours available
Contact info416 Centre Street South
ArchitectureYear built: 1852-54
Architect: Frederic Cumberland et William Storm, Toronto
Architectural style: Classical revival
Building type: Attraction, Courthouse, Historical landmark, Theatre
Dates/hours openSaturday May 5, 2018
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.