The long-vanished crossroads hamlet of Black Horse Corners centred around the Black Horse Inn (1853-75). See inside three outbuildings from that era, adjacent to the hamlet: a barn, smokehouse and stone-built former cheese factory from 1835. Also, during Doors Open, a to-scale, “skeletal” representation of the Black Horse Inn will be assembled on its original footprint at the crossroads.
- Partial wheelchair access
Contact info1784 Northumberland Street
North Dumfries Township, Ontario
ArchitectureYear built: 1835-94; renovations 1994
Architect: Chris Borgal and John Clinckett (renovations)
Architectural style: Vernacular
Dates/hours openSaturday September 21, 2019
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.