This elegant Second-Empire home – co-owned by the City of Toronto and the Ontario Heritage Trust – was built for Toronto financier James Austin. During Doors Open, see a pop-up archaeological exhibit that features artifacts excavated from the property since 2002 by Trust archaeologists and summer archaeology day camp participants. There are also significant views of downtown Toronto from the property.
- Full wheelchair access
- Self-guided tours available
- Site is protected by the Ontario Heritage Trust
Contact info285 Spadina Road
ArchitectureYear built: 1866; 1896
Architect: Original unknown; 1896, Vaux Chadwick
Building type: Attraction, Historical landmark, Historical house, Museum
Dates/hours openSaturday May 25 – Sunday May 26, 2019
Saturday and Sunday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.