Built in 1919, this building was once Toronto’s tallest. Active until 2006, it was originally a factory that produced aluminum products during the Second World War. Later, it made items such as kitchen tools, bottle caps and car parts. Continuing its role as an example of innovation – and now a heritage building – it today houses Toronto’s Museum of Contemporary Art.
- Full wheelchair access
Contact info158 Sterling Road
ArchitectureYear built: 1919
Architect: John W. Woodman
Architectural style: Art deco
Building type: Museum
Dates/hours openSaturday May 25 – Sunday May 26, 2019
Saturday and Sunday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.